1. Plan your route – know
exactly where you are going.
2. Let someone know where you are going and when you are expected back.
3. Avoid shortcuts and dark, isolated areas.
4. Walk with a friend whenever possible.
5. Avoid carrying bulky packages.
6. Carry only the money you need.
7. Carry a flashlight and a personal safety alarm when walking alone or at night.
8. Walk alert and with confidence.
If you suspect you are being followed:
1. Cross the street.
2. Go to the nearest group of people or into a store.
3. Call the police.