Are you interested in an environmental scan of your business property that is provided free of charge?
Please follow this link to request an inspection by a member Property Safety
1. Keep windows clear of signage for better visibility.
2. Keep clutter away from front windows.
3. Make sure the cash register area can be seen from the street or the outside.
4. Raise the cash register so patrons have to look up at the teller.
5. Keep the cash register locked when not ringing in a sale and/or away from the till.
6. Aisles should be low enough to see over.
7. Install video cameras to monitor all areas of the business.
8. Greet and make eye contact with all customers who enter your premises.
9. Be aware of people watching the business or loitering outside.
10. Inform police of suspicious people or vehicles.
11. Make deposits often and vary routes and times when making them. Install a drop safe, if possible.
12. Place a "limited Cash on Hand” decal on the window of the business.
13. At night, ensure interior and exterior areas are well lit, replacing burnt out bulbs immediately.
14. Ensure that all staff is aware of policies and procedures regarding safe practices.