1. The minimum number of officers/supervisors required for the performance of a paid duty shall be determined by the Police Service in accordance with Service Policy.
2. The sum of $.................., as reflected in Part IV, less any deposit paid, is due and payable in full upon completion of the paid duty. Payment shall be by cheque payable to the Cobourg Police Service, forwarded to the attention of Finance Clerk, Cobourg Police Service, 107 King Street West, Cobourg, ON, K9A 2M4. Payment must be received within 7 days on which the paid duty is completed, unless otherwise agreed to by the Police Service.
3. Contracted officer(s) are billed at a minimum of four (4) hours, regardless of whether they are actually required for the entire time requested in Part II.
4. Rates for partial hours in excess of the time requested in Part II will be billed to the nearest fifteen (15) minute increment.
5. Paid duty cancellations must be called in to the Officer in Charge (905-372-6821) at least 24 hours prior to the duty.
6. Where cancellation notification is not received by the Police Service at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of the event, a minimum four (4) hour charge will apply for each Police Service member booked for the paid duty at the hourly rate set out in Part IV. Cancellation payments are due and owing in full and payment must be received within 7 days of the date on which the paid duty is cancelled.
7. Provisions of the paid duty services in accordance with this Contract are subject to prior approval of the Chief of Police or his designate. If the event approval is not granted, the Contract shall become null and void.
8. Police Officers providing services under this Agreement shall be required to perform only those duties, which are normally performed by police officers.
9. The number of required officers indicated by the organization is subject to change by the Chief of Police or his designate based on the information provided.
10. Police officers providing services under this Agreement inside a premise where alcohol is being served shall begin the Paid Duty no less than five (5) hours prior to the closure of the premise.
11. A minimum of two (2) officers will be contracted for duties in a premise where alcohol is being served.
NOTE: The fact that Paid Duty Police Officers are present at a Special Occasion Permit under the Liquor Licence Act does not in itself abrogate the responsibility of the Licence Holder to provide security for the event under the Liquor Licence Act and the Town of Cobourg Municipal Alcohol Policy.
12. Required Staffing Ratio shall be: - 1-4 Member, No Supervisor - 5-9 Members, 1 Sergeant - 10-16 Members, 1 Sergeant & 1 Staff Sergeant
13. The Paid Duty Request Form is to be faxed to 905-372-8325
NOTE: Cash cannot be accepted by officers. You will be invoiced by the Police Service.Paid Duty Requests may be filed by using the contract found Here (in printable PDF format).
The Cobourg Police Service has instituted a new request format for Police visits / presentations.
Any person or organization that would like assistance from a Police officer, volunteer or Auxilliary officer, can now fill out the supplied request form.
Click HERE to access the form.
This form will let us know what you or your agency would like information on. Our Service is prepared to provide presentations on many subjects which may include: