While on patrol the area of University Street west Cobourg on August 29, 2019 at approximately 10:15pm, police observed an interior light on in a vehicle. Police found this to be suspicious and checked the area and found a woman rummaging inside another vehicle.
As a result of the police investigation Tiffany Bowen, 32-years-old, from Cobourg was arrested for:
- Possession of Property obtained by Crime under $5000 x3 contrary to section 355(b) of the Criminal Code
- Theft under $5000 x3 contrary to section 334(b) of the Criminal Code
- Trespass at night contrary to section 177 of the Criminal Code
- Breach of probation x6 contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
Tiffany Bowen was charged with multiple property crime offences. Tiffany Bowen was held for a bail hearing.
Cobourg police are reminding people to lock their cars and to follow these steps to protect your vehicle from theft while left unattended:
- Lock your vehicle
- Never leave windows down
- Ensure all items of value are hidden and out of sight (phones, GPS devices, purses, or shopping bags)
- Park in well-lit areas
The Cobourg Police Service encourages everyone to report any suspicious or criminal activity. If you have information that may help with an investigation, call Cobourg Police Service or anonymously on the Crime Stoppers "Hot Line", available to callers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If your information leads to a charge or an arrest, you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.00.