Date: May 18, 2019
Authorization: Sgt. Legere #248
Subject: Woman Arrested for Theft and Related Charges
A business on Strathy Road called the Cobourg police to report a theft in progress on May 18, 2019, and the suspect was not being cooperative. Staff informed police that the suspect had punched and kicked staff members, and the suspect was being threatening staff while gripping a small pair of scissors. After a brief struggle with the police, the accused was placed under arrest.
Police recovered the clothing, food and non-prescription drugs from Michelle Tomlinson, Cobourg resident, who is facing a number of charges.
- Theft under $5000 contrary to Criminal Code section 334 (b)
- Possession of Property obtained by Crime contrary to Criminal Code section 355(b)
- Assault x2 contrary to Criminal Code section 266
- Assault with a Weapon x2 contrary to Criminal Code section 267(a)
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance –Methamphetamine-Contrary to sec. 4(1)
The accused was released from custody with a Promise to Appear and an Officer in Charge Undertaking with a future court date.