From May 6 – 12, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 205 occurrence’s including; 13 - 911 calls, 3 alarm calls, 1 ambulance assist, 3 assault calls, 7 bail violations call, 25 community services events calls, 3 disturb the peace call, 3 domestic dispute calls, 4 fraud calls, 3 impaired driver calls, 1 mental health call, 3 mischief calls, 6 motor vehicle collision calls, 2 noise complaint calls, 3 person well-being calls, 17 police assistance calls, 17 police information calls, 6 property related calls, 3 sexual assault calls, 3 shoplift calls, 13 suspicious persons calls, 10 theft calls, 2 threats call, 6 traffic complaint calls, 1 trouble with youth call, and 2 unwanted person call. Here are some examples of calls for service this week. If you would like to review the media releases sent out during this week, please visit our website at www.cobourgpolice.com.
6 May 2019
- Police responded to a report of a fraud at a local business in the Town of Cobourg. Police received information that an unknown female was using fake identification to gain access to money. The businesses fraud department was notified.
- Police attended a local business in regards to a theft. The suspect was located near the business. The suspect was arrested and held for a bail hearing.
7 May 2019
- Police responded to a possible impaired driver in the Town of Cobourg. Police searched the area extensively. Cobourg Police notified OPP of the impaired driver due to the fact the registered owner lived in OPP territory.
8 May 2019
- Police attended a motor vehicle collision at an intersection in the Town of Cobourg. No injuries were reported. The driver at fault was charged under the Highway Traffic Act.
9 May 2019
- Police responded to a local residence in regards to a complaint of a female yelling. Police located the female and it was determined that she was having a verbal argument with her boyfriend. Both parties were counselled by police.
- Police were at the Northumberland Mall in regards to a group of people drinking alcohol in a public place. Police located the group a short time later. The parties involved were caution and advised of the Liquor License Act.
10 May 2019
- Police attended a local apartment building in regards to a after the fact break and enter. Police observed the residence was vacant and had been entered sometime overnight. No damage to the building and nothing was noted to be missing.
11 May 2019
- Police responded to a local business in regards to a theft. A female was currently in custody by the Loss Prevention Officer. The female was issued a Provincial Offence Notice under the Trespass to Property Act and was also banned from the premise for one year.
- Police conducted traffic enforcement in the Town of Cobourg for distracted driving and seatbelt violations. This was completed without any highway traffic infractions.
12 May 2019
- While Police were on routine patrol in the downtown core, police located a man that had outstanding warrants with the Cobourg Police Service. The male was arrested and held in custody until his scheduled court date.
- Police attended at Fail to Remain collision at a local business. Investigation revealed that suspect was located and charged with public mischief under the Criminal Code and Failing to Report the accident.