From May 27 – June 2, 2019 the Cobourg Police Service responded to 207 incidents which including, 8 theft calls, 11 motor vehicle collisions, 11 alarm calls, 3 missing person calls, 2 family disturbance calls, 7 suspicious person calls, 1 fraud call, 2 unwanted person calls, 1 suspicious vehicle calls, 4 assault calls, and 1 weapons call.
Here are some examples of calls for service for the week;
- Police attended the front lobby of the Cobourg Police Service were a man who stayed in the warming room overnight became very agitated and aggressive demanding police give him access to his daughter. The man was noted to have past occurrences regarding the same incident in Cobourg, Port Hope and with the OPP and he was advised to leave the station.
- Police received information of the whereabouts of a missing woman. Through an investigation the police were able to pinpoint the missing woman’s location to an intersection in York Region. York Regional Police were asked to help locate the missing woman with information learned by Cobourg Police. A short time later York Regional Police located the woman in good health.
- As a result of Cobourg Police Services Criminal Investigation Branch with the assistance of uniformed officers, three people were arrested for drug related charges.
- Police responded to a Cobourg address for a reported theft after the fact. Residents advised that sometime overnight on May 24, 2019, their unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway was entered by unknown persons resulting in a Garmin GPS unit being stolen. No suspects identified at this time.
- Police responded to the area of Brook Road North regarding a two vehicle motor vehicle collision. The vehicle had reportedly caught on fire and was extinguished prior to police arrival by a bystander in the area. A driver was transported to Northumberland Hills Hospital to be treated for minor injuries by paramedics.
- Police received a report of Cobourg resident gone missing. Police located the missing man in Port Hope and he was subsequently transported back home.
- Police were dispatched to attend a gas station in Cobourg after receiving a report of theft of lottery tickets. Police learned that at approximately 7:30 am an unknown man entered the station, proceeded to go over the counter and removed a tray of lottery tickets. The man fled the area on foot in an unknown direction of travel. Investigation is ongoing.
- Police attended a coffee shop on Division Street in regards to a man threatening people after being confronted about stealing mugs. It was learned that the man may have been suffering from a mental illness, and he later left in an unknown direction. Investigation is ongoing.
- Police were dispatched to an address in Cobourg in response to a domestic dispute. A woman advised police that during a verbal argument her husband pushed her resulting in her to fall. While bracing her fall she injured her left arm. The man was subsequently arrested for domestic assault and later released with a court date and conditions.
- Police were dispatched to the downtown area regarding a man who appeared to be intoxicated. The man was located and placed under arrest for public intoxication. After transporting to Cobourg Police Service the man showed signs of medical distress caused by using narcotics and was immediately transported to Northumberland Hills Hospital via ambulance for assessment.
- Police responded to a convenience store in Cobourg after a report of approximately 10 people involved in a dispute. Police attended and observed the group fighting at which time all parties were immediately controlled and separated. No cause of the fight could be determined nor a primary aggressor identified. All parties showed signs of intoxication but there were no reports of assault or injuries and the group was separated in taxis.
- Police were dispatched to an address in Cobourg after receiving a call advising a man was going to hurt himself. Police attended the man’s residence and after speaking to the man, he was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and taken to the Northumberland Hills Hospital for assessment.
- A man attended the Cobourg Police Service to alleged being assaulted. He advised the police that a man, known to him, had attended his residence after a drug deal gone bad. He was allegedly assaulted from the back seat of a woman’s vehicle. The male suffered injuries to the right side of his face. Investigation is ongoing.