From Monday, April 8th 2019 through April 14th 2019 the Cobourg Police Service responded to 190 occurrence’s including; 12- 911 calls, 5 Alarm Calls, 2 Ambulance Assists, 4 Assault calls, 1 Bail violations call, 22 Community services events calls, 3 Disturb the peace call, 4 Domestic dispute calls, 3 Family dispute calls, 3 Fraud calls, 6 Impaired driver calls, 4 Mental health calls, 3 Mischief calls, 7 Motor vehicle collision calls, 4 Noise complaint calls, 3 Person wellbeing calls, 20 Police assistance calls, 11 Police information calls, 15 Property related calls, 1 Robbery call, 4 Shoplift calls, 11 Suspicious persons calls, 8 theft calls, 3 Threats call, 7 Traffic complaint calls, 3 Trouble with youth call, and 3 Unwanted person call. Here are some examples of calls for service this week.
8 April 2019
- Police responded to a report of an impaired driver in the Town of Cobourg. Police located the impaired driver, who was arrested, charged and released from custody when they were sober.
- Police attended a local school in regards to a Domestic Assault. Investigation revealed that there was not a Domestic Assault, but ongoing unwanted communication between two parties. The complainant was counselled by police and obtained a Peace Bond.
9 April 2019
- Police responded to a possible impaired driver in the Town of Cobourg. Police searched the area extensively. Cobourg Police notified OPP of the impaired driver due to the fact the Registered Owner lived in OPP territory.
- Police conducted 3 Traffic Enforcement which resulted in Highway Traffic Charges for Fail to stop at a Stop sign.
10 April 2019
- Police responded to two 911 calls. Investigation revealed both 911 calls were accidental
- Police responded to a local business in regards to a Fraud in progress. A male was located by Police who was attempting to cash fraudulent cheques. The male was arrested, and released with a court date and with conditions to not attend the business.
11 April 2019
- Police created 5 Community Services which involved Rebound Youth Services, and attending local schools.
- Police attended a local business in regards to a female yelling while standing in the parking lot. For the safety of the female and citizens, the female was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and was transported to Northumberland Hills Hospital to be assessed by a doctor.
12 April 2019
- Police responded to a local residence to a report of assault. It was determined that two individuals were possibly involved in a physical altercation. Police were unable to determine the main aggressor. No threats or injuries reported.
- Police attended a local establishment and conducted a routine walk through and also checked for possible violations regarding alcohol. This was completed without incident.
13 April 2019
- Police were dispatched to residence in regards to verbal argument between fishermen and children. All parties spoken to and cautioned in regards to their behaviors.
- Police attended a local residence in regards to ongoing neighbour disputes. The complainant advised police that their neighbour had spot lights pointed directly into their windows during the night. Police attended the neighbours, who agreed to move the spot lights away from the complainants’ residence.
14 April 2019
- At approximately 2:40 pm, the Cobourg Police responded to a call for an armed robbery near Ontario Street and Sutherland Crescent, Cobourg. Both victims were walking southbound on Ontario Street near the area of the dog park when a brown, older model 4-door Honda Civic slowed beside them. A male suspect exited the front passenger seat of the vehicle and pointed a handgun at one of the victims. The suspect then struck the victim several times and stole his backpack. The suspect was last seen northbound on Ontario Street in the Honda Civic.
Cobourg Police are asking for the assistance of the public to identify the suspect.
Male, white, 16-18 years, thick eyebrows, wearing a white hooded sweat shirt, blue jeans, red baseball hat and a red bandana covering his mouth and nose.
No description of the driver at this time.