From the 22nd June 2015 through the 28th June 2015, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 124 occurrences including:
0 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 8 Theft reports, 2 Mischief incidents, 10 Alarm calls, 6 Liquor Licence Offences ,1 Noise Complaint, ,3 Mental Health Apprehensions, 5 Assault incidents and 4Trespass to Property Act.
Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
- Police investigated an allegation of an impaired driver which turned out to be unfounded.
- Police attended two minor collisions with no injuries resulting with one driver charged with a Highway Traffic Act offense.
- Police are in possession of a portable GPS device that was turned in as found property. If you are missing one recently please call Cobourg Police 905-372-6821 .
- Police were contacted by a citizen after hearing about the recovery of a number of tire valve stems.Police have arrested a suspect and are in possession of a number of unclaimed valve stems from a string of recent thefts.
- Police conducted a Traffic Enforcement Initiative resulting in one charge of operating a motor vehicle with hand held device.
- Police investigated a Domestic Dispute between a male and female, the dispute was verbal in nature and there were no allegations of a physical assault, no charges .
- Police recovered a stolen vehicle at Burnam st. & Hwy 401. The vehicle was unoccupied and no charges have been laid.
- Police are investigating the theft of a red Schwinn bike from the Cobourg Marina sometime between 6-9pm. If anyone has any information please call Cobourg Police 905-372-6821
- Police are investigating the theft of a black Roots wallet from an unlocked vehicle parked in front of a Ball st. residence.
- Police charged a male in the area of the Cobourg boat compound on Hibernia st. with being in possession of open liquor, contrary to the Liquor Licence Act;
- Cobourg Police arrested an adult male on a number of charges including assault and fail to comply with Probation order. These charges were as a result of a Domestic Violence incident.The male was also arrested on an outstanding warrant for another count of Fail to Comply with probation order from a previous incident.
- Police assisted in returning an elderly resident safely back to her house late at night after being reported wandering on a street and being confused
- Police charged a Cobourg resident with having open alcohol after being seen drinking from a beer container near the front of the Cobourg Police Station.
- Police attended Northumberland Hills Hospital on two occasions having apprehended two individuals for their own safety under the Mental Health Act.
The Cobourg Police Service would also like to remind the citizens of Cobourg to lock their vehicles to prevent and deter mischiefs to and thefts from motor vehicles. These incidents are an ongoing concern for the Cobourg Police Service.
Should you believe you are the victim of a Fraud, please contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or report online at www.antifraudcentre.ca
The 25th Cobourg Waterfront Festival
This event runs between Wedensday July 1st – Saturday July 4th featuring over 200 Artists and Crafters.The parade will be at noon July 1st with the fireworks being at dusk that evening.