From the 24th of May 2015 through the 31st of May 2015, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 77 occurrences including: 4 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 2 Mental Health calls, 4 Mischief calls, 1 Assault call, 1 Threatening/Harassment call, 7 Theft calls, 2 missing person calls, 4 domestic related calls, 8 ambulance assistance calls, 2 family dispute calls, 2 noise complaints, 1 break and enter call, 2 alarm calls and 5 Police Assistance calls for information.
Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
- Police responded to a missing person. A fourteen year old female left her residence. after an argument with her parents. The female was later found in good health.
- Police assisted ambulance for a call for service.
- Police investigated a mischief after a vehicle was doing donuts in a park.
- Police assisted OPP for a vehicle roll over.
- Police responded to an animal complainant. A dog was reported to be barking all day.
- Police investigated a mischief where solar lights were damage.
- Police assisted ambulance with an unknown medical call after a medical alert alarm was activated.
- Police investigated threats made through social media facebook. Both parties involved were advised not to communicate further.
- Police attended an address to keep the peace while a female gathered her belongings.
- Police assisted the OPP in searching for a stolen vehicle. The suspect was wanted in relation to a bank robbery.
- Police attended a residence for a report of a domestic dispute. The incident was a verbal argument only and the male half left for the night.
- Police attended an address for a mental health call. A female party was having issues with her ventilation system.
- Police attended a grocery store for an attempt theft. A male and a female attempted to steal approximately $400 worth of meat. Both parties left the store without any product.
- Police investigated a missing person. A male left his house after being told no by his parents. Police made contact with the male a short time later and he returned home.
- Police attended a residence for a noise complaint. It was reported one of the tenants was playing loud music. The music was turned down prior to police arrival.
- Police investigated a domestic assault. As a result a female party was arrested and charged with assault.
- Police attended a local retirement home for a police assistance call. Staff had concerns for a female resident who they believed was being taken advantage of. Through police investigation it was determined the female was aware and ok with what was occurring.
- Police assisted in locating a male after a friend had some concerns for his well-being. The male was located in good spirits and returned home.
- Police attended the frink area for a family dispute. A male party refused to go home with his mother. The situation was defused by police
- Police arrested a male party for public intoxication at the Frink. The male was medically cleared then held in cells till sober.
- Police investigated a break and enter to a health food shop. The front door to the business was smashed and a quantity of cash was stolen.
- Police investigated a mischief. Unknown persons caused damage to a window at a car wash.
- Police attended a local high school after a male party set a fire in a washroom garbage bin.
- Police attended a residence for a police assistance call. A male party was seeking advice on how to share a lease agreement with an ex-girlfriend.
- Police arrested a male party for theft and breaches after the male stole some dvd’s from his roommate.
- Police attended an address for a fight involving 7 people. During the investigation a male party was arrested on a breach of probation and is possibly facing other charges.
- Police attended an address with ambulance for an intoxicated male. The male was transported to NHH.
- Police arrested a male party at NHH while there for a different incident. The male was held in custody until sober and later released on a provincial offenses ticket.
- Police attended for a deer that had been struck by a vehicle. Upon arrival the deer was in very bad shape and was put down by police.
- Police attended a vacant building for an ongoing mischief. Unknown persons entered the building spray painting inside and setting off fire extinguishers.
- Police attended for a vehicle that been entered overnight. The vehicle was unlocked and nothing was taken.
- Police attended a residence for a theft of a bicycle. The value of the bike was $114.00
- Police are investigating a fail to remain after a vehicle was struck while parked on the street.
- Police attended an address for an entry to an unlocked vehicle. A small amount of cash was taken from the vehicle. No suspects.
- Police attended a high school for a theft of a painting. The painting was the work of a former student.
- Police issued LLA tickets at the frink.
- Police attended an address for a theft of a laptop from a vehicle. The vehicle was unlocked. There is no suspect(s) at this time.
- Police attended the Northumberland Mall for a report of an assault at the Rock and Bowl. During further investigation it was determined an assault did not occur.
- Police arrested a male for public intoxication under the Liquor License Act. The male was held in cells until sober and released on a provincial offenses ticket.
- Police made an arrest after a female party assaulted her 56yr old husband. The female was released with a future court date.
- Police attended an address for a verbal domestic. All parties had been drinking. A female party left the residents for the evening
Police attended for two alarm calls. Both alarm calls were false.
The Cobourg Police Service would also like to remind the citizens of Cobourg to lock their vehicles to prevent and deter theft from vehicles. These incidents are an ongoing concern for the Cobourg Police Service. Crime prevention for these types of occurrences starts with citizens ensuring they lock their vehicles.