From the 23rd of May 2016 through to the 29th of May 2016, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 80 occurrences including:
24 Police Assistance calls, 5 Alarm calls, 4 Suspicious Person calls, 2 Mental Health related calls, 3 Theft calls, 1 Disturbance, 5 Mischief calls, 1 Animal Complaint , 3 Traffic Complaints, 2 Assault calls, 1 Liquor Licence call, 3 Noise Complaint s, 2 Fraud calls, 1 Sexual Assault call and 1 Threat call.
Here are some examples of calls for our Service for the week:
- Police attended the Northumberland Hills Hospital for a mental health act call. A female had locked herself in a room stating she believed her medication was changed and hospital staff where out to get her. The female remained in the hospital for an assessment; and
- Police attended an address in Cobourg after a report of female vandalizing a complainant’s vehicle by putting moisturizer all over it. The female suspect was cautioned by police.
- Police attended an address for a theft from a vehicle. As a result of an investigation a young person was arrested and charge for the theft.
- Police attended a business in Cobourg for a landlord tenant dispute. Police learned the accused whispered offensive things into the complainant’s ear. The landlord was caution as a result.
- Police attended an address in the middle of town for a disturbance call. The complainant advised police their neighbour had been drinking and playing loud music all day and was also yelling at her kids. As a result a female party was arrested for breach of peace. The female remained in custody until sober.
- Police received information of a mischief in the east end of town. It appeared unknown person(s) damaged a fence sometime over night while possibly attempting to climb over the fence. Suspect(s) are unknown.
- Police investigated a mischief after a complainant had their vehicle tire slashed sometime overnight. The suspects are unknown at this time.
- Police received information of a neighbour dispute after a neighbour parked in the complainant’s driveway as the roadway was being repaired. The complainant felt this was done to tick her off. The vehicle was moved and both parties were advised to stay away from one another.
- Police attended for a sales trailer that was broken into. Two males were observed inside the trailer and when confronted by the caller took off on foot. Damage was done to the trailer and the suspects are unknown at this time.
- A concerned citizen called police as they believed a fight could be happening near the new CCI School. Police attended and spoke to eight youths who denied the allegation; and
- Police attended a business in the north end of town for a report of a shoplifter. As a result of a police investigation a male a party was charged and released under the trespass to property act.
- Police also attended a north end business and investigated a sexual assault. As a result of the investigation two males were arrested and charged. One male was charged with sexual assault and the other for mischief.
- Police were dispatched to an address in the middle of town after a male trashed his mother’s house and assaulted a party. As a result the male was arrested and charged for assault and uttering threats. The male was held till sober and released on a promise to appear OIC undertaking with conditions; and
- Police attended a north end dead end street for a report of a suspicious person. The caller told police a male parked a vehicle at the end of the street and walked into a field. Police located a small party in the field. All parties cleared out without incident including the male that was deemed to be suspicious by the caller. The male was identified and was not classified as suspicious to police.
- Police were dispatched to the downtown core for a report of a male pan handling. As a result an adult male was charged under the local bylaw.
- Police were called to pier for unknown persons camping in an RV. Upon police arrival the recreational vehicle was gone.