From the 21st of March 2016 through to the 27th of March 2016, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 140 occurrences including:
8 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 4 Theft reports, 3 Mischief incidents, 7 Alarm calls, 2 mental health calls, 1 Domestic dispute calls, 1 threats and 2 Assaults calls.
Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
- Police responded to the area of Elgin Street near the Northumberland Mall regarding a 2 vehicle collision. One of the driver’s was charged under the Highway Traffic Act with turn not in safety.
• Police responded to a local hotel regarding some drug paraphernalia found in a room after the tenant checked out. Police seized the items found and they were submitted into property for destruction.
- The Cobourg Police Service responded to the Port Hope high school to assist the Port Hope Police service for a student with a gun inside school. Police located the student in question and a replica hand gun was seized without incident or injury.
- Police responded to an attempted suicide call at an address in the Downtown area. Police apprehended a Cobourg resident under the Mental Health Act and transported her to the hospital for an assessment.
- Police responded to an alarm call at a business on Division Street. Upon area police check the premise and determined that the alarm was false.
- Police investigated a telephone fraud call at an address on Third Street. Police are reminding people to be very careful providing personal information over the telephone and the computer.
- Police responded to two motor vehicle collisions in parking lots in Cobourg. Police are reminding motorist to drive with extra care as parking lot accidents are the number one place where motor vehicles occur.
- Police responded to an address on King Street for a harassment call. The complainant in this matter was reporting that he had been receiving multiple text messages from his ex-wife and wanted her to stop. Ex-wife warned in regards to harassment.
- Police responded to a local business alarm on Elgin Street. Upon arrival police discovered that the business entrance was insecure. The business entrance was secured by police without incident.
- Police responded to a taxi fair dispute at the Northumberland Hills Hospital. Police spoke with the parties involved and the taxi driver was paid for his service.
- Police attended a parking lot on Division Street for an intoxicated male. Upon arrival police located the male in question and he was arrested and charged with public intoxication.
- Police attended a 911 hang up call at the Northumberland Hills Hospital. Upon arrival police spoke with hospital staff and determined that the number was dialed accidently.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle collision in the Wal Mart parking lot. Both parties exchanged information without incident.
- Police responded to an altercation on Covert Street with one male possibly in possession of a collapsible baton. Upon arrival police defused the situation and arrested one of the parties involved. A collapsible baton was seized from the arrested party.
- Police attended an address on Westwood Drive for a possible altercation between 3 parties. Upon arrival police check the area and determined that the parties were gone prior to police arrival.
The Cobourg Police Service is reminding Cobourg residents to drink responsibly during the summer months.