From the 14th of March 2016 through the 20th of March 2016, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 132 occurrences including: 6 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 2 Theft calls, 5 Alarm calls, 5 911 call/911 hang up calls, 4 Domestic/Family Disputes, 5 Mischief calls, 2 Frauds, and 3 Trouble with Youth calls. Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
- A 47 year old female was charged with theft under the Criminal Code after being caught shoplifting cosmetics from a local pharmacy.
- Police investigated a report of a mischief in the area of Burnett Drive in which the tire/wheel of a vehicle was damaged.
- A 22 year old female was charged with Left turn – fail to afford reasonable opportunity to avoid collision under the Highway Traffic Act after a motor vehicle collision on Elgin Street West.
- A 22 year old male was charged with two counts of fail to comply with a recognizance and one count of breach of probation after being found in contravention of the conditions of his Recognizance of Bail.
- Police investigated after a female passenger failed to pay her fare receiving a ride via taxi. The passenger subsequently paid the fair and no charges are pending.
- Police responded to a neighbor dispute in which the involved parties were able to reach a compromise after speaking with police.
- Police investigated a fail to remain accident that occurred in the parking lot of a local business.
- Police investigated a report of a missing adult female who was subsequently located and safely returned to family members.
- Police responded to a private residence for a family dispute. Family members were counselled by police with no charges being laid.
- Police responded to a private residence for a report of an unwanted person who was subsequently removed from the residence without incident.
- Police investigated after a BBQ was stolen from the deck of a private residence. The BBQ was subsequently located and returned to the owner with no charges laid.
- An 18 year old male was charged with assault under the Criminal Code after a domestic dispute occurred on Elgin Street.
- Police investigated a report of mischief after the glass was broken in the window of a local business.
- Police responded to a local hotel for a domestic dispute. A male and female were counselled by police with no charges being laid.
- Police investigated a report of trouble with youth in which the asphalt in a parking lot was damaged. No charges were laid due to the age of the involved youths
- Police attended a private residence for a report of mischief after a hole was punched in the ceiling of the residence. No charges are pending.
- Police investigated a motor vehicle collision on Elgin Street West resulting in an 84 year old male being charged with Red Light – fail to stop and an 18 year old male being charged with Turn not in safety. Both charges are under the Highway Traffic Act.