From the 04 July, 2016, to the 10 July, 2016 the Cobourg Police Service responded to 213 occurrences including: 5 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 2 Mental Health Calls, 3 Alarm Calls, 1 Domestic Dispute, 2 Harassment calls, 3 Noise Complaint calls, 5 Theft calls, 2 Assault calls, 3 Fraud calls and 5 Suspicious Person calls.
Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
July 04, 2016
- Police responded to a call for a mischief at a local business in the North end of Cobourg. A male was caught on video damaging property. The investigation is ongoing.
- Police were called to a business by a woman claiming that her children were locked in her vehicle. Police apprehended the women under the Mental Health Act and transported her to the Northumberland Hills Hospital to be assessed.
- Police were called to the intersection of Elgin Street West and Burnham Street for a 2 vehicle accident with injuries. 1 person was charged under the Highway Traffic Act.
July 05, 2016
- Police received a complaint of a theft of a diamond ring from a bag on the beach at Victoria Park. Police are still investigating this matter.
- Police received a complaint of a break and enter into an apartment in the downtown area of Cobourg. Several items were reported stolen. 1 male was charged with Possession of Stolen Property in this matter.
- Police were called to attend a parking lot at a business in Cobourg for a Fail to remain accident. The complainant’s vehicle was struck while they were shopping. There are no suspects in this matter.
July 06, 2016
- Police were called to a private residence in the downtown area of Cobourg in regards to a mischief. The owner reports that an unknown person smashed a window in the residence overnight. There are no suspects in this matter.
- Police were called to a local park in regards to a dog bite complaint. The complainant was taken to hospital for treatment from the dog bite. The owner of the dog was cautioned in this matter.
- Police received a complaint of a man trying to sell furnaces going door to door. 1 male was charged under the Town Bylaw for soliciting without a licence.
- Police received numerous complaints throughout the day of dogs locked in cars in the heat. Police would like to remind the public to leave their pets at home during the summer months due to soaring temperatures.
- Police were called to attend a business in the North West end of Cobourg for a female shoplifter. A 17 year old female was charged with theft and possession of stolen property.
July 07, 2016
- Police were called to a downtown apartment to assist ambulance with 2 people suffering from mental health concerns. Both parties were transported to Northumberland Hills Hospital for treatment.
- Police were called to the mall in regards to a person dumping garbage on the premises. 1 male was charged in this matter.
- Police were called to a downtown business in regards to a fight in progress. 1 male was charged with possession of a controlled substance in this matter.
July 08, 2016
- Police received a complaint of a dog locked in a vehicle in the heat for over 20 minutes. Police attended the area but the vehicle had left prior to Police arrival.
- Police were called to the East end of Cobourg in regards to a report of a domestic dispute in progress. 1 male was charged with domestic assault in this matter.
- Police received several complaints of dogs locked in vehicles in the high heat. Citizens are reminded to leave their pets at home while temperatures soar to protect the well-being of their animals.
July 09, 2016
- Police were called to a restaurant drive thru in regards to a possible impaired driver. Police attended the scene and charged 2 occupants under the Liquor Licence Act.
- Police were called to the area of Burnham Street and the 401 for a 2 vehicle accident without injuries. 1 person was charged in this incident under the Highway Traffic Act.
July 10, 2016
- Police received a report of a theft from an unlocked parked vehicle in the North end of Cobourg. A pair of prescription glasses was removed from the car by an unknown suspect. Police would like to remind the public to lock their vehicles at all times.
- Police were called to a private residence in regards to a male in medical distress. Upon further investigation, 30 year old Kyle GRIEDER of Cobourg was charged with possession of a controlled substance under the Controlled Drug and Substance Act. The male was released on an Appearance Notice with a future court date.