From the 20th of July 2015 through the 26th of July 2015, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 40 occurrences including: 2 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 1 Mental Health call, 3 Mischief calls, 2 Assault calls, 1 Threatening/Harassment calls, 4 Theft calls, and 2 Police Assistance calls for information.
Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
- Police attended the west end after a female was attacked by a dog. The female suffered minor injuries.
- Police arrested a male party for assault after a female was pushed through a window. The female suffered injuries to her arms. The male was held for a bail hearing.
- Police investigated after an unknown person threw a rock through their house window.
- Police investigated and incident of eggs being thrown at a home in the towns north end.
- Police conducted a warrant at an address on King Street with the assistance of another Police Service.
- Police attended an address in the towns west end for an ongoing neighbour dispute. This dispute included the positioning of a fence
- Police investigated a report of threats after a couple had broken up. A few days later the investigating officer spoke to the couple walking hand and hand downtown.
- Police investigated a mischief after unknown persons, egged, scratched, and threw toilet paper on the complainant’s truck.
- Police responded to a male party looking into cars in the rear of an apartment building on William Street. Police remind the public to lock their car doors and not to leave valuable items in plain view.
- Police responded to three thefts including a vehicle entered near downtown, a licence plate removed from the rear of a vehicle on William Street and a theft of a wallet from Walmart. Unknown persons entered the victim’s purse and stole the wallet. Police remind the public to keep all personal belongings with or close to you.
- Police attended an address in the towns west end after parents requested their 17yr daughter leave for the night after she damaged some property inside the house. The female left the residence without incident to attend a friend’s house.
- Police took a report of a missing 17yr old male. Police later located the male and escorted him home.
- Police attended two Motor vehicle collisions. One collision was a fail to remain that occurred in the No Frills parking lot. The driver struck a parked vehicle and drove away. Police are still looking for the out of town vehicle and driver.
- Police are actively investigating the theft of a wallet containing $3000 in cash.
- Police charged a male party under the Liquor Licence Act after the male was caught consuming alcohol in a public place.
Police investigated an harassment after a female called to report her ex-boyfriend will not stop trying to contact her and has threatened to put intimate photos of her on Face book.
- Two males were arrested and held for bail after they assaulted two males at an address on George Street. One male attended Northumberland Hills Hospital with serious injuries to his lip as well as a broken nose. Brothers Benjamin and Jason Staples were both arrested for assault causing bodily harm.
The Cobourg Police Service would also like to remind the citizens of Cobourg to lock their vehicles to prevent and deter theft from vehicles. These incidents are an ongoing concern for the Cobourg Police Service. Crime prevention for these types of occurrences starts with citizens ensuring they lock their vehicles.