From the 26 September, 2016 to the 02 of October, 2016 Cobourg Police Service responded to 141 occurrences including: 7 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 1 Mental Health Calls, 6 Alarm Calls, 8 Noise Complaint calls, 6 Theft calls, 1 Impaired Driving calls and 5 Suspicious Person calls, 2 Assault calls and 3 Threat Calls.
Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
September 26, 2016
- As a result of an investigation, Police arrested a 50 year old male for breaching his undertaking conditions by not signing in at the Police Station. The male was held in custody for a Show Cause Hearing.
- As a result of an investigation, Police arrested a 28 year old Cobourg man for breaching his Probation Conditions. The male was held in custody for a Show Cause Hearing.
- Police received a number of complaints of thefts from unlocked vehicles. Several items were removed from unlocked vehicles overnight in various locations in Cobourg. It is imperative that residents in Cobourg lock their vehicles and remove any items of value.
September 27, 2016
- Police were called to the Covert Street parking lot in regards to a suspicious male looking into vehicles. As a result of a Police investigation, it was determined to be a By Law Officer checking parking meters.
- Police stood by in the area of Victoria Hall while a group of protesters gathered in regards to Migrant Workers Rights. The protest was peaceful and proceeded without incident.
September 28, 2016
- Police were called to the area of Elgin Street East just East of Brook Rd North in regards to a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle. This investigation is ongoing.
- Police received a complaint of a cyclist being struck by a motor vehicle who then left the scene. The cyclist suffered very minor injuries. The investigation is ongoing.
September 29, 2016
- Police were called to a business in regards to a theft of licence plates overnight. Unknown persons removed the front and rear licence plates from a parked vehicle. There are no suspects in this matter.
- Police were called to a parking lot for a fail to remain accident in which 2 vehicles were damaged. There are no suspects in this incident.
September 30, 2016
- Police were called to the area of Greer Road for a motorcycle driving recklessly. Police attended the area and were unable to locate the motorcycle.
- Police were called to the downtown area in regards to a complaint of an intoxicated male. The area was checked with negative results.
- 01 October, 2016
- Police were called to the area of Cobourg Creek in regards to youths fishing on posted property. 2 youths were located and cautioned.
- Police were called to the area of Burnham Street and the 401 in regards to a possible impaired driver. Police attended the area and were unable to locate the vehicle.
02 October, 2016
- Police attended a downtown business in regards to a male breaching his Undertaking Conditions. Joel CHARLES of Cobourg was arrested for Breach of Undertaking and held in custody for a Show Cause Hearing.
- Police were called to the front counter of the Cobourg Police Station in regards to an assault complaint. Upon further investigation it was determined that the assault was consensual.
With the sun setting earlier, take a moment to ensure that your driving lights are on while operating your vehicle. Daytime driving lights will also cause your dash lights to illuminate. This will give the illusion that you have your vehicle lights all on.