From the 24th of August 2015 through to the 30th of August 2015, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 106 occurrences including:
3 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 2 Theft reports, 2 Mischief incidents, 2 Alarm calls, 2 Liquor Licence Offences, 1 Missing Person Incidents, 1 Ambulance Assistance calls, 2 Noise Complaint, 2 alcohol intoxication arrests, 2 parking complaints, 1 sudden death, 3 Domestic calls, 2 trespass to property incidents, 7 found property reports, 1 break and enter, 1 disturb the peace by fighting incident, 3 trouble with youth and 1 warrant arrests.
Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
- Police investigated further Mischief - graffiti incident within the Town of Cobourg. Spray paint graffiti was located on exterior walls of East High School at 335 King St East.
- Police investigated a Break/Enter and Theft at the new Home Hardware store at 650 Division St for construction storage containers.
- Police responded to a verbal domestic between a male and female at a residence on Cornell Cres. Verbal argument only, no charges.
- Police located two abandoned bikes at the Cobourg Marina, 100 Hibernia St. Bikes taken to Cobourg Police station.
- Police investigated a minor MVC at Services Ontario, 1005 Elgin St West. Minor damage to both vehicles. No injuries.
- Police arrested and charged two males with public intoxication and consumption of alcohol in public at the fountain on Albert St. Males were held in Police custody till sober
- Police investigated a theft of bicycle from the Cobourg Library at 200 Ontario St. Police are looking for stolen NORCO mountain bike silver in colour.
- Police investigated a motor vehicle collision involving an unattended vehicle being struck by a vehicle being reversed out of a driveway on Sutherland Cres.
- Police assisted EMS paramedics with an elderly female that had fallen. Female was transported to hospital for medical treatment.
- Police investigated a fraudulent transaction of funds to person(s) in Thailand.
- Police responded to call for unwanted male attempting to gain entry to residence on Bond St. Male had fled area prior to Police arrival
- Police arrested male under authority of the Mental Health Act. Male was transported to hospital for assessment.
- Police investigated further Mischief - graffiti incident within the Town of Cobourg. Spray paint graffiti was located on exterior walls of Walmart Department Store at 75 Strathy rd.
- Police attended a Furnace St residence in regards to a noise complaint involving two dogs left unattended.
- Police investigated a motor vehicle collision involving a vehicle striking a cyclist. No damages, no injuries, no charges.
- Police investigated property left at front door of Cobourg Buy and Sale. Store owner found property left at front door of store. Police investigating if property stolen.
- Police investigated an incident of persons trespassing at the lighthouse at end of pier, 114 Division St. Male party charged with enter premises when entry prohibited contrary to the Trespass to Property Act.
- Police responded to a domestic between a male and female at a residence on Elgin St. No charges.
- Police investigated an impaired driver on Munroe St. Driver was found to impaired by alcohol and arrested for impaired operation of a motor vehicle. Michael HARVEY of Trenton ON has been charged with impaired operation and exceed 80mgs of alcohol contrary to the Criminal Code.
- Police investigated a second verbal domestic dispute between and male and female at a residence on Tremaine St. No charges.
- Police investigated a disturbance within the downtown core of Cobourg. Police responded to a group of people fighting out front the Pizza-Pizza restaurant at 100 King St West.