From the 15th of January 2018 through to the 21st of January, 2018, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 169 occurrences including:
15 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 8 Theft calls, 4 Alarm calls, 2 911 call/911 hang up calls, 2 Traffic Complaints, 3 Family Disputes, 3 Assaults, 3 Noise Complaint calls, 6 Mental Health calls,1 Weapons call and 4 Mischiefs. Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
- Police attended a local public school upon report of some found syringes. Police took possession of them and safely removed them from school property for destruction.
- Police responded to an alarm call from a local convenience store .The store was checked with no sign of attempted entry and was deemed to be false.
- Cobourg Police responded to an area Motel upon report of a stolen Television and fridge taken from one of the units. Police obtained a description of the items and are still investigating the theft.
- Police attended a local grocery store on two occasions a short time apart where a total of three individuals were attempting to purchase small items and at the same time ask for a large amount of money cash back. The card was declined and the parties left the store prior to police arrival.
- Police were dispatched to a pedestrian possibly being struck by a Motor Vehicle. Upon arrival it was determined that an older male had fallen and had minor injuries. The male was taken to NHH for assessment and observation.
- Police attended a traffic accident on near Chipping Park Blvd. involving two motor vehicles. There were no injuries and one driver was charged under the Highway Traffic Act with Careless Driving.
- Police were dispatched to a report of a tire being slashed while parked at a William St. business. Police attended and checked for surveillance video. Investigation is continuing.
- Police were called to investigate a suspicious vehicle parked in a downtown business parking lot . Upon arrival police spoke with a male occupant who police new was wanted on a recent warrant for his arrest. Police arrested the male and was brought to the station, processed and later released on a Promise to Appear and Officer in Charge Undertaking.
- Police responded to a report of an elderly male poorly dressed for the weather wandering on the street. Police were able to get the male back to his nursing home that he had left undetected.
- Police responded to a report of a Domestic Assault where a female was punched by her husband. Police attended the residence and placed the male under arrest for Domestic Assault. The males name was not released in order to protect the victim’s identity.
- Police were dispatched to a disturbance at an area hotel involving a Taxi fare dispute. Upon arrival the dispute was settled and the Taxi driver was paid in full.
- Police were called to a local bar in the early morning hours upon report of a number of males fighting. As a result two males were arrested for being intoxicated in a public place and were held at Cobourg Police Service.
- Cobourg Police responded to a call from a local department store whose loss prevention officer was being threatened with a knife after detecting a male shoplifting. The male fled the store. A police search of the area including K-9 was negative for the suspect. Investigation is continuing.
- Police are investigating a report of a stolen fridge from a building supply store where two males were observed loading it up into a vehicle and leaving the premise with no attempt to pay. Investigation is continuing.