At 2:45pm, on the 22rd of April 2016, Police observed a motor vehicle speeding on Ontario St within the Town of Cobourg. Subsequently to investigation of the speeding offence, the male driver was found to be disqualified from driving under the Criminal Code.
The driver was arrested and charged with driving while disqualified and numerous other Highway Traffic Act offences. The motor vehicle was impounded for 45 days under the authority of the Ministry of Transportation minimum vehicle impoundment for the Criminal Code driving offence.
Kyle GRIEDER, 30yrs of Cobourg has been charged with;
- Driving while Disqualified sec 259 Criminal Code
- Driving while Suspended sec 53 Highway Traffic Act
- Use altered validation sec 12(1)(B) Highway Traffic Act
- Speeding sec 128 Highway Traffic Act
- Drive motor vehicle no currently validated permit sec 7(1)(A) Highway Traffic Act
Any questions may be directed to the Cobourg Police Service by calling 905-372-6821.