Cobourg Police Service Acceptable Use Expectations & Terms
This page outlines the expectations for visitors/users/posters while accessing
the Cobourg Police Service Webpage, Facebook page or Twitter page of the
Cobourg Police Service.
These pages were created to provide people who live and work in Cobourg, or
the vicinity, who have an interest in the Cobourg Police Service, with access to information
about the Cobourg Police Service and a platform with which to interact with their Police Service.
These pages are monitored and managed by Cobourg Police Service personnel designated by the Chief of Police.
THEY ARE NOT MONITORED 24/7/365 !
• In case of emergency, or if you need urgent police assistance, dial 911.
If the matter is less urgent, you may call the Cobourg Police Service business line, (905) 372-6821
To report anonymous crime information, you can call Crime Stoppers, 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)
The Cobourg Police Service manages this page as a Limited Public Forum
and therefore the following conditions apply:
• A posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
• If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be
placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime.
As such, you may be subject to subpoena as part of any investigation.
• "Friending” between the Cobourg Police Service and any contributor to
this page does not constitute endorsement of that person’s actions, comments, opinions or beliefs.
• Comments posted by others on the Cobourg Police Service Facebook page(s)
are not to be considered the opinion of the Cobourg Police Service; nor does the Cobourg Police Service endorse any third party comments on this page.
• The Cobourg Police Service reserves the right to remove and/or block
anyone who posts inappropriate material by way of comments, photos, videos or in any other
form, as determined by the Cobourg Police Service.
The Cobourg Police Service welcomes a person’s right to express his/her
opinion and encourages posters to keep comments / content related to content on this page.
However, the Cobourg Police Service reserves the right to remove any comments / content that are inappropriate
or offensive, including comments / content that:
1. defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others,
2. include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity,
3. spam or advertise,
4. could harm the safety or well-being of one of our employees or any member of the public,
including personal attacks,
5. are off-topic
6. have personal information about another person, or that violate a person’s privacy,
7. include copyrighted material that belongs to another person,
8. contain links to inappropriate websites.
If you have photos, videos or other content that you’d like to share on
this page, you may do so without requiring permission.
However, any violation of the expectations set out above may result in that content being removed and your access to the Cobourg Police Service pages being prohibited.
You may contact an administrator of the pages by email, through the particular application
or by contacting Sgt. Jeff Sheils (905-372-6821 or firstname.lastname@example.org )