1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parentsí work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parentsí permission
2. I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.
3. I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
4. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or make me feel uncomfortable in any way. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the service provider.
5. I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission
6. I will not give out my Internet password to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.
7. I will be a good online citizen and not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
8. I will talk with my parents about setting up rules for using the Internet. Decide on the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online and the appropriate areas for me to visit.
Reprinted from: www.safekids.com
This link was sent to us as another resource to help teach Internet safety.