1. Remain calm. Do not argue or fight with the robber.
2. Obey commands even if there is no weapon produced; do not deceive the robber.
3. If you are facing a weapon, do not try to disarm the thief. Look at the weapon and try to be able to describe size, type and colour.
4. Look at the robbers and notice details to aid in describing them, their mannerisms, clothing, and physical peculiarities.
5. Notice the direction of travel when the robber leaves; obtain the license plate and description of vehicle, if any.
6. Once the robber has left and it is safe to do so, lock the door.
7. Call 911 and allow the operator to take control of the phone conversation.
8. Don't touch anything the suspects have touched.
9. Don't discuss the crime and its details until interviewed by the police.
10. When the police arrive, answer questions accurately; don't exaggerate.