We know how important it is for you to keep your bicycle safe, that's why we encourage you to register your bicycle with us. It's free, simple and will provide you with peace of mind knowing your bicycle information will be stored in a protected database. After filling out the form, you will be given a sticker to attach to your bicycle letting others know you have registered with us.
If you wish to register your bicycle online, please submit the required information by filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
If you prefer to register in person, please download and print the form then you can drop it off at the Cobourg Police Service, or mail it:
Cobourg Police Services
107 King Street West
Cobourg, ON K9A 2M4
Bicycle Safety Tips
There are a few things you can do to protect your bicycle from theft.
- Register your bicycle with the police
- Do your research and invest in a good-quality lock
- Lock your bicycle to a sturdy immovable object that cannot easily be broken
And don't forget the most valuable piece that you should protect, YOURSELF!
- Always wear an approved bicycle helmet (ski, hockey and other helmets aren't acceptable
- Make sure your bicycle has proper lights, reflectors and a bell
- Always follow the road safety rules for bicycles - http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/bicycle-safety.shtml